Providence is calling a Patient Services Representative (Occupational Medicine Department, Full Time, 1.0FTE, Day Shift) to Providence Medical Group in Walla Walla, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Coordinate internal and external phone communications among staff, patients, and providers.
- Accurately collect, record, and ensure distribution of information to appropriate staff via computer and/or manual systems.
- Perform clerical, scheduling, and records activities, often simultaneously, in support of patients and staff.
- Respect Patient's Rights and Responsibilities and maintain the security and confidentiality of data and information used in carrying out daily activities
- May be required to float to other department/physician office sites as needed.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma or General Equivalency Degree (GED) equivalent
- Customer service experience
- Must be able to learn and pass competency test following EPIC EMR (Electronic Medical Records) training upon hire
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree in the medical field and/or two (2) years experience in a health care setting
- Basic understanding of medical terminology
About the ministry you will serve.
Providence Medical Group is the largest medical group in Walla Walla, serving greater Walla Walla in southeast Washington state. Our internists, family practitioners, specialists and staff strive to create a distinctive health care experience for each patient – one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Patient Services
Location: Washington-Walla Walla
Req ID: 151690