| The Institute's mission is to reduce factors that place individuals, families and communities at risk and to promote healthy, drug free lifestyles. A leader in the development and delivery of specialized prevention programming, the Institute promotes wellness through a wide variety of individualized programs designed to meet the needs of all segments of society.|
Prevention Specialist -TALK,
Institute for Prevention
Location: Bradley Beach, NJ
* Promote the mission of the Institute for Prevention
* Implement evidence based prevention programs in a school based environment with elementary youth and also in community based settings
* Identify and assess high risk youth in schools and social service settings
* Provide referrals for clients to schools and community resources
* Provide consultation to school and social service agency staff regarding alcohol/drug problems
* Represent Institute for Prevention (IFP) at county and community professional meetings
* Create and maintain community advisory board of internal and external constituents
* Ensure that grant funding requirements are met
* Maintain database of client information
* Provide educational programs to client families
* Create and maintain county resource list for program participants
* Other duties as assignedMinimum B.A Degree plus 5 years experience in related field or Master's Degree in education, counseling or related field.
Minimum of two years related experience.
Experience with at risk youth and knowledge of substance abuse.
MSW, CADC, and/or CPS preferred.
Must possess excellent communication, time management, and interpersonal skills.
Barnabas Health Behavioral Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer