* Supervises cooking and production areas and delegates job assignments in production and food service areas.
* Assists in reviewing daily menu and assembles foods, supplies and equipment for food preparation. Uses correct food substitutes when necessary alerting supervisor as needed.
*Meets all meal schedules in a timely manner and makes necessary assignment changes to ensure schedules are maintained.
* Trains and works with relief cook and cook in training.
* Assists in cooking and menu creation for catered functions.
* Assists with food procurement and storage and verifies the quantity and quality of items on delivery.
* Assists in maintaining operations of kitchen staff in absence of supervisor and alerts supervisor of problems and/or needs for staff, supplies and equipment as needed.
*Maintains cleanliness of work area, equipment and supplies as well as all cleaning schedules. Responsible for overall sanitation of production/serving area.
*Maintains and documents food temperatures prior to serving ensuring all regulatory standards are maintained.
*Evaluates food preparation and effect and/or recommends changes to improve operations. Properly utilizes leftover meals to avoid waste.
*Assists in creating standardized recipes for modified and regular meals.
The Lead Cook will demonstrate Saint Barnabas Behavioral Health's philosophy to Total Quality Management by actively applying that philosophy in all dealings with both internal and external customers.